As this global pandemic is taking the world by shock, Pioneer Plastics Inc. strives to deliver to our critical/essential customer needs.
– As a global organization, Pioneer has extensive experience in planning and responding to a variety of situations around the world. Each of our facilities has implemented the proper protocols/procedures in regard to this Pandemic. We have also assessed our supply chain and ensured production to not halt. Pioneer is closely monitoring the situation and is ready to act immediately.
Generally, employers covered under the Act must provide employees:
Up to two weeks (80 hours, or a part-time employee’s two-week equivalent) of paid sick leave based on the higher of
their regular rate of pay, or the applicable state or Federal minimum wage, paid at:
• 100% for qualifying reasons #1-3 below, up to $511 daily and $5,110 total;
• 2/3 for qualifying reasons #4 and 6 below, up to $200 daily and $2,000 total; and
• Up to 12 weeks of paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave paid at 2/3 for qualifying reason #5
below for up to $200 daily and $12,000 total.
A part-time employee is eligible for leave for the number of hours that the employee is normally scheduled to work
over that period.
In general, employees of private-sector employers with fewer than 500 employees, and certain public sector employers are eligible for up to two weeks of fully or partially paid sick leave for COVID-19 related reasons (see below).
Employees who have been employed for at least 30 days prior to their leave request may be eligible for up to an additional 10 weeks of partially paid expanded family and medical leave for reason #5 below.
An employee is entitled to take leave related to COVID-19 if the employee is unable to work, including unable to
telework, because of the employee:
1. is subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19;
2. has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19;
3. is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis;
4. is caring for an individual subject to an order described in (1) or self-quarantine as described in (2);
5. is caring for his or her child whose school or place of care is closed (or child care provider is unavailable) due to COVID-19 related reasons; or
6. is experiencing any other substantially-similar the condition specified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division (WHD) has the authority to investigate and enforce compliance with the FFCRA. Employers may not discharge, discipline, or otherwise discriminate against any employee who
lawfully takes paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave under the FFCRA, files a complaint or institutes a proceeding under or related to this Act. Employers in violation of the provisions of the FFCRA will be subject to penalties and enforcement by WHD.
COVID-19: Due to recent health concerns we ask visitors to call in advance to schedule a safe visit. At this moment we are not allowing walk-in visitors.
Pioneer has made the decision to extend working from home on Fridays to include the following dates:
• Friday, April 17th
• Friday, April 24th
• Friday, May 1st
Police, fire, EMS, public health, emergency management, and military personnel have been working around the clock to assess and mitigate the COVID-19 spread nationwide. And that means having the connectivity they need to efficiently and effectively coordinate and communicate their emergency response.