QUALITY INSPECTOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintains quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products; recording quality results.
Sample, inspect, and gauge molded plastic parts in accordance with predetermined inspection procedures using basic inspection equipment and techniques. Applies knowledge of statistical process control. Perform capability studies.
SIGNIFICANT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
QUALITY INSPECTOR JOB DUTIES:
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to the production supervisor.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Perform in-process capability and gauge R & R studies. Provide assistance to Metrology upon request.
- Documents and completes nonconformance reports and containment activities when product issues arise.
- Work effectively with engineers, technicians, lead operators, and floor personnel to identify day-to-day issues, achieve team objectives, and promote quality principles.
- Train operators in quality assurance methods and techniques.
- Audit and monitor quality requirements in accordance with the company quality assurance policies and customer specifications.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALITY INSPECTOR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Analyzing Information, Reporting Research Results, Documentation Skills, Promoting Process Improvement, Safety Management, Managing Processes, Manufacturing Methods, and Procedures, Supports Innovation, Supports Quality Engineering & Operations. Read and interpret specifications and part prints.
- Experience with inspection measuring equipment and inspection fixtures- Micrometer, Calipers, OGP, CMM, Tensile testing, Etc.
- Knowledge of quality system requirements, ISO 13485, ISO9001 (preferred), FDA, AQ-103, ASTM, ANSI, Etc.
- Experience with ERP systems and Software programs, Excel, Word, Outlook, Mini-tab, Epicor.
- Auditing experience preferred
- Basic math skills- inch and metric system- decimals, fractions, weights, and counts.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Experience with cleanroom processing and gowning procedures.
- Experience with root cause analysis.
- Strong detail for record-keeping.
- High school or GED or related manufacturing industry experience.
- Related manufacturing experience to be sufficient by contacting previous employers and/or references. Job competency can be determined during the interview and can override minimum requirements.
- Job Training & Experience.
- Two years of inspection experience.
MENTAL & VISUAL EFFORT
Must be able to maintain a high degree of accuracy and precision in an environment where the nature and complexity of the parts being inspected, the number of presses running, the number of setups, and the priority scheduling of work can and does change in a minute to minute basis. NOTE: Must be able to make decisions regarding conformance to specifications without the presence of a supervisor. A considerable degree of mental and visual attention is required.
- Materials or Products: Has the authority to accept or reject material based on customer’s requirements and Pioneer Plastics’ standards. Has a direct effect on warranty costs due to returning goods as well as Pioneer Plastics’ quality image. Decisions often affect shots per hour and the total productivity of the shift. Some damage or loss is possible but can be prevented by considerable care and attention.
- Tools & Equipment: Uses tools such as gauges, meters, and micrometers.
- Safety of Others: Minimum care is required to prevent injury to others.
- Physical Effort: Minimum physical exertion required.
- Hazards: Accident hazards negligible and consists only of occasional minor cuts, bruises, and burns.
- Working Conditions: Disagreeable elements present to a moderate degree.
Any individual may submit an application to the following individual for consideration for this position.
Pioneer Plastics, 3660 Dodd. Rd. Eagan, MN 55123