Quality Manager Job Responsibilities
Plan, direct and coordinate activities to assure maintenance of optimum quality in manufactured products, consistent with customer specifications, and internal-external regulatory requirements. Interface with customer engineering, purchasing, and quality personnel. Maintain quality systems to ISO13485.
· Establish and maintain adequate quality assurance and inspection techniques, procedures, and coverage. Compile records. Initiate and maintain a continuous study of all defective work. Recommend improved methods, procedures, or other changes that will result in an improved quality consistent with economic cost to the company. Achieve an effective defect prevention program.
· Investigate all quality complaints, and document and communicate corrective action measures.
· Initiate and carry out equipment and process capability studies where it appears design specifications are difficult to produce an acceptable product at satisfactory costs.
· Maintain current knowledge of developments in the field of inspection and testing of materials, products, and equipment.
· Develop and maintain effective two-way communication with other departments concerning plans, new developments, and quality improvement programs.
· Recommend hires, recommend termination of employment, transfer, and promotion; apply progressive corrective action, and address employee concerns; review direct reports performance and efficiency and recommend/approve salary increases. Responsible for the timely and accurate entries of employee’s absences and/or attendance in an established system. Enforce company policies, procedures, and practices.
· Provide guidance as to SPC training for Quality Assurance Department and Production Personnel. Assist in the effective implementation of statistical methods. May serve as Quality Assurance and SPC instructor.
· Provide vendor quality performance data for use in vendor qualification and evaluation.
· Recommend mold and process modifications to improve quality and productivity.
· Perform on-site vendor audits.
· Provide assistance to help suppliers meet minimum Pioneer Plastics SPC requirements, as needed.
· Provide final disposition (except “Use as is”) on all products manufactured at Pioneer Plastics Operations.
· Negotiate excessive customer quality/inspection requirements back to an efficient, economical control plan consistent with our system.
· Establishes training programs as necessary to keep personnel updated in inspection and test methods, quality standards, and quality control/assurance system changes.
· Maintains records of inspections and Product Acceptance performance. Provide summary reports as required for management use.
· Performs inspection analysis of all returned goods, document results, and define short term corrective action instructions for the product and assist in long term corrective action to eliminate future occurrences.
· Performs work on complex or technical inspections
· Conduct internal audits against defined requirements and participate in the corrective action process on findings.
· Maintains all inspection records.
· Analyze problem areas in manufacturing and direct activities for improving operations related to manufacturing, processes, automation, workflows, training, equipment, cost analysis, and reductions.
· Assist and direct applications of statistical methods to improve quality results.
· Lead training and developmental efforts for quality.
· Promote quality awareness throughout the operation.
· Apply Pioneer Plastics Guiding Principles and Pioneer Plastics Vision while carrying out job responsibilities.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education Level Required
High school diploma plus four years leading to technical bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/experience in the manufacturing industry.
Related manufacturing experience to be sufficient by contacting previous employers and/or references. Job competency can be determined during the interview and can override minimum requirements.
Four years of experience required in quality control and supervision. Preferably in custom
Injection molding of engineered thermoplastic resins or related manufacturing industry experience.
1. Ability to read and understand complex part drawings.
2. Quality Assurance, Inspection, and problem-solving terminology and procedures.
3. Plastic material characteristics.
4. Supervision Training and instruction capabilities.
5. Understand the function of our equipment and production procedures.
6. Good communication, customer relations, and sales skills.
7. Very good knowledge and skills in SPC.
8. Automobile industry quality assurance methodology preferred.
9. Knowledgeable of and committed to WCM, El programs.
Responsibility & Authority
· Employee Relations
Train, instruct, and assign work to employees. Administer company human resources policies, enforce
Safety and health regulations and take prompt action on employee grievances to achieve good employee
Morale. Maintain discipline, stimulate and maintain employee interest in continual quality/productivity
Recommend design, tooling, and method changes to improve quality and reduce costs. Ensure shipment
Of material, parts, or products that meet established quality standards. Provide final disposition on all discrepant material.
Proper use of standard office equipment, PC. Initiate and approve purchase requisitions for inspection, data collection, and statistical data processing equipment.
Considerable damage or loss is possible but can be prevented by a high degree of care and attention.
· Business Contact
Frequent contact with persons inside and outside the company of substantially higher authority, in crisis
A situation requiring considerable resourcefulness, tact and a thorough knowledge of company policies,
Practices and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Leadership in a Quality Control position: 4 years (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Monday to Friday
Pioneer Plastics, 3660 Dodd. Rd. Eagan, MN 55123